I focus my reading on trying to make sense of the future as it unfolds faster than ever. I am especially looking for unusual, unique and potentially valuable combinations.
As things come into Pollenizer’s world we tweet them. So worth following @pollenizer
Wait But Why is great for big ideas and understanding trends in a detailed but entertaining way. e.g. recently there was a breakdown of Elon Musk’s plans for Mars. Read from “If things go to plan, the Neil Armstrong of Mars will touch down about eight years from now.” and imagine the future.
I get quick tech news updates from Techmeme.com.
I use Flipboard and follow science themes as well as tech themes. I find tech blogging to be a bit of an echo-chamber but vital to stay on top of. The science gives me feeling for future trends.
Most of my deeper thinking comes from books. Here’s a few to get you started.
- Homo Deus – How technology will cause some problems for humans as we enter the next industrial revolution
- The Patient Will See You Now – How patient led healthcare driven by technology will invert the healthcare system
- Future Visions – Science Fiction inspired by Microsoft tech
- Abundance – How technology can make the world amazing
- Exponential Organisations – What new growth organisations look like
Hope that helps!