When starting a new venture, there are a bunch of reasons why the outcome can’t change.
- The team loves the solution.
- The team doesn’t have authority to change.
- The team is inspired by some other business and believes that replicating it will have equal success for them.
- The venture has been funded to build something specific.
- The team paid a fortune for a design-led process and a specification has it all figured out.
The problem is, a team that cannot change direction in response to new insights is likely to fail.
Ask yourself the hard question. Can you change the outcome?